We went down to the Keys to visit my parents for the week immediately after Christmas. It was a great trip!
- small RRS tripod was great, head off fit inside carry-on bag easily.
- lowepro carry-on bag was too tall for overhead on last flight (American Eagle ERJ-145 / ER4). Jet but with 2 by 1 seats and single front to back bins… NEED TO MODIFY THE BOTTOM OF BAG!
- didn’t use anything except zooms. bring ONE wide prime, 24-105 and 100-400 (with a6300 on it).
- bringing the computer is a PITA, not worth it.
- bringing the drone is a PITA but it did get good images
- shot both bracketed and filtered shots, I’ll see how they process…
- TCs on the 100-400 wouldn’t have helped, the light was too low when needed and the a7riii was already having AF issues w/o any
- strap on the 100-400 was great, would have been nice to have a second strap at content key since I wouldn’t set anything down (wet sand everywhere).
- need a hard drive just for Elias’ footage…